Sunday 7 August 2016

Earl of Northumberland's standard bearer 1513

Here's  pic of my representation of the Earl of Northumberland's standard bearer wandering around France in 1513, Coming from the North East I've always had a soft spot for Northumberland and he was the first Wars of the Roses flag I painted. Figure is an Italian guardsmen by TAG, which is a lovely figure really evocative of the period; shame there weren't more that could pass as early Tudors.

Third flagsheet for Henry VIII's invasion of France 1513 that includes Talbot, Northumberland, Stanley and one I made earlier Suffolk. for further info on these flags and the personalities they represent you can't go wrong having at look at Stuart's cracking website: http://stuartsworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/  cheers Pete

4 comments:

  1. These are superb Pete. The TAG Papal Guard works really well as Tudor Infantryman as well.

    How many more sets are to come for the early Tudor army?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent English long tailed standards, love how your flags keep a hand painted look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like Talbot's dog, will you be having a go at the heraldic banners also?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, Chris my aim was to make flags that matched painted figures so your comment is much appreciated. Stuart I'm not sure about the heraldic banners on one hand I'm sorely tempted and on the other it would more sense painting heraldic banners for the Wars of the Roses. Mind you if some one brought some 28mm figures out for the early Tudors I definitely would.

    cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete